Pink Fire Pointer Rethinking Cataclysm

Rethinking Cataclysm

I know I've been waffling on whether or not to cover the Cataclysm zones, and I am sorry for this. The more I think about it though, writing about it just doesn't seem like a good idea. While I initially figured that grad school would be a good reason to continue work on the travelogue (since it's less taxing than creating stories out of whole cloth), that's starting to seem like too much of an excuse. That attitude perhaps stemmed from October when I tried (and failed) to write a good original story. In December of 2010, however, I wrote a story that I consider good enough to at least attempt to publish. This has made me a lot more confident.

I'm going to finish Icecrown and then put the travelogue aside. I need to work on original fiction. It's possible that I may write about some of the new zones when I'm going through a dry spell, but this will be mostly for my own sake. I am not sure if I will even add them to the blog. If I end up writing enough of these (and hopefully I won't), I may make them available via email request.

Cataclysm also represents a natural stopping point. As a friend pointed out to me, it's pretty much WoW 2 in the guise of an expansion. I'm not likely to find such a good stopping point in the near future.

Thank you all very much for your comments, support, and (especially) proofreading and criticism. I have immeasurably improved as a writer during this process, but I do not think I can expand any further unless I go on to new things. I apologize to those who have been expecting the Cataclysm updates.

If you want to discuss this in more detail, go here.